During the Biennial
FUAM is in the 4th International Mardin Biennial under the subtitle of Infinite Sight. Selected artist books by FUAM according to the context of geography, space and politics will be at Mor Efrem Monastery during the biennial”
(We would like to thank Mert Ünsal for his contributions).
M. Cevahir Akbaş, “İstanbul Express Ways”
Kürşat Bayhan, “Last Exit: SketchBook”
Bekir Dindar, “Karabiga”
Nazlı Tühera Moral, “On the Otherside”
Yusuf Murat Şen, “Islak Kent/Wet City”
Altay Tuz, “Some İstanbul Houses”
The Photography Application and Research Center, FUAM, has been founded within Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, by the faculty members of the Photography Department in 2014.
FUAM aims to;
– Support artists working with photography in the contemporary art world in which photography is used extensively.
– Organize workshops, seminars and exhibitions, ensuring coordination with local and international organizations and initiatives.
– Carry out researches on photographic archives and also create its own archive.
– Create new projects, working on combining photography with new technologies and disciplines.
– Contribute to the development of Turkey’s photography environment also through creating publications on all these activities.
FUAM had executed the project “The Establishment of Photography Design Development and Production Laboratory” by the support of Istanbul Development Agency, between 2015- 2016.